Malum-Malum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deck of Cards Character Brainstorming

3 posters

Go down

Deck of Cards Character Brainstorming Empty Deck of Cards Character Brainstorming

Post by Shirviu Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:48 pm

First of all who wanted to help with this?
Kiga, did you?

Anyways.. we need to make a list of fandoms & who's doing what!
Would be nice to start this project sooner rather than later.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Helper Points : 332

http://malum-malum.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Deck of Cards Character Brainstorming Empty Re: Deck of Cards Character Brainstorming

Post by kigaromaru Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Yeah, I did.

I'm good for pretty much any fandom (Although I would rather dislike to do fruits basket, you can do it though =P) But we should decide how we're splitting right? I've a few ideas.

1) You do red I do black, and black could be shonen series while red could be shoujo series, or vice versa for both.
2) You do red I do black or vice versa, and each number is a different fandom. We just choose the characters to use and assign two each.
3) Four fandoms, each one having a different suit
4) One fandom with 52 characters (54 if we're doing joker)
5) One person draws characters one person draws background (crap idea but I'm just listing stuff)
6) Black is boys red is girls, or vice versa

And should we do the thing where the cards are reversible? As in if you hold it upside down it looks the same as if you were holding it right side up?
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Helper Points : 258

Back to top Go down

Deck of Cards Character Brainstorming Empty Re: Deck of Cards Character Brainstorming

Post by Shirviu Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:26 pm

I think reversible would be too complicated.

I think the one person doing red and one doing black is a good idea, and I agree that each number should be a different fandom, but that means we have to both agree to do the same fandoms, which may pose a problem. Maybe we should do one suit is one fandom to fix that? it does limit our variety though.. what's 54/4?

I think we should either do our cards separately, or make one background together to use for all / one per suit / one per number / one per colour.

I think we should do joker.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:28 pm

Shirviu wrote:what's 54/4?

Sorry, what? *confused D:* where did I write that?
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:30 pm

No I mean division.
There are 4 suits so that would be how many cards per fandom if we did it per suit.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:32 pm

Yeah lets do backgrounds together, then do our characters separately. How are you gonna draw them? Draw --> ink --> photoshop? or using coloured pencils? Markers? Because however you choose to do it, our technique should be consistent.

I also don't mind confining ourself to four fandoms. Then we could incorporate the idea of 2 shonen and 2 shoujo, we each take a genre, (I'd probably take shonen and you'd probably take shoujo, seeing as those are our fortes) and go crazy with it.

It would also means it appeals to everyone generally, as opposed to a deck of a specific genre which would cater to only the people who liked that genre.
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:33 pm

Shirviu wrote:No I mean division.
There are 4 suits so that would be how many cards per fandom if we did it per suit.

Ohh. Well with those its 52/4, and then the last 2 are joker. One is black one is red.

We each get one, and we decide which fandom it is later.

Maybe it could be a cross of the two. That'd be cool.
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Okay.
Maybe the jokers could have two characters on them.
52/4 is 13.
Would it be wise to have 4 fandoms and 13 characters from each?
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:39 pm

I'm sure a lot of fandoms have 13 characters. Naruto, .hack, Inuyasha, fullmetal, Ouran, CCS, and as much as I hate to say it, Fruits Basket would be perfect in terms of number.
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:39 pm

And also I like the idea of the Joker card containing two characters.
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasquerade Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:53 pm

I have an idea for the Jokers. I can sketch it but I don't trust myself to draw it out nicely.
TheMasquerade
TheMasquerade
Admin

Helper Points : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:08 pm

woahwoahwoah
meaning you want to collaborate too or meaning you want to share your joker idea? xD
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:03 pm

So shirv what characters / fandoms would you wanna do?
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:48 am

Okay well let's see. Here are my ides:
  • We each draw a joker or we get two other artists to draw them that aren't helping with the collab.
  • That leaves 52 other cards and dividing that by 2 leaves us with 26 cards to draw each; we draw 13 black ones and 13 red ones each or you draw 13 diamonds and 13 hearts/13 clubs and spades, I pick the 26 remaining.
  • If each suit is a fandom then the deck will have 4 fandoms. I think this should mean that 2 characters from the red fandoms should be on one Joker and 2 characters from the black fandoms.
  • We need fandoms that have 13 good characters then, so I think we should either choose things with shitload of important people like Naruto, or choose series like .hack// and mix Roots, Infection, Sign, etc. to fulfill the character need.
  • Putting this aside, I also like the idea of the suits not having anything to do with the fandoms, and just making the characters random, or still arranging the blacks by shonen and reds by shojou or something. We could even do the sutis by anime genre sub class instead even. I am saying this because it will apply to a wider range of fans to just have a shitload of people in it like those bags you guys bought. If we narrow it to 4 fandoms....idk..

What do you think Kiga? Because I would like to get started.
I think we should colour code it by either shojo/shonen or girls/boys, and I don't think we should stick to fandoms, I think we should try to fit in as many different shows as we can and make sure to choose the known characters.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:36 pm

I think we should do the Jokers. And just for the kicks we should have one red joker and one black. And by that I mean I do one joker and you do the other.

Hmmmm...... Are we continuing with the you do shoujo I do shonen idea? Because if so then I'll take Shonen, whichever colour/suits that ends up being. Flip a coin, make your call, it's all the same to me =D

I like the idea about the 2 chars from the red/black fandoms being on the joker, but I think it'd be even cooler to combine them into one. That would be really hard though, so we can just stick to 2 characters for joker =D

You know, the .hack thing is pretty cool. I think there are 4 different anime .hacks so we could have like an all-.hack deck. Only I don't think .hack is popular enough for that so maybe we shouldn't ;///; I'm down for Naruto for one of them, and for the other.......... I'm not sure. I don't wanna do bleach or One-Piece.

Idea, what if we did a pokemon deck? We could combine the different evolutionary groups into a single card, and have the 3 legendary dogs/birds/rocks/whatever in one card, and only do up to the ones in Emerald because the other ones are LAMEEEE D: (We could also do complimenting pokemon in one card, like pidgeoto and spearrow) Just an idea.

If you don't like the idea of only having 4 fandoms, then why don't we do 14 fandoms? One for each number + jokersx2? It'd appeal to way more people that way. I think it'd make much more sense than randomly throwing characters in there, because after all, we only have 54 cards.

(Though I do like colour-coding with shoujo/shonen.)
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:13 am

Pokemon is a good idea but think of how much money in paper and ink one deck would be. Would people spend that much on a Pokemon deck?

It would be more fun to draw though, I think.

14 fandoms sounds like a much better idea than 4.
But I am also for the random char throwing in.

Let's list 7 fandoms each though.
List yours without regard to mine, if there are doubles we can sort it out after we've both posted since they will be altered and I don't like first come first serve.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:23 am

1. Pokemon
  2. Inuyasha
  3. Naruto
  4. Full Metal Alchemist
  5. Ouran High School Host Club
  6. .hack//
  7. Lucky Star
  8. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  9. Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann
  10. Sailor Moon
  11. Card Captors
^ in no particular order

I request so Vocaloid plxx

I am also willing to do a video games edition if we have time, or a Pokemon one like you said.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:26 am

You know.. Pokemon DOES seem much easier..
Do you think it's feasible to do both?
If you think it is I would rather start with the Pokemon one.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:07 am

To be honest I've actually been thinking about it and have really been leaning towards the pokemon idea.

I mean, we can easily do pokemon evo groups and/or type groups and for example only do the first 151. We could end up with 54 I bet, if we just planned it out.

Besides pokemon is universal, especially the original 151.

IDEA!

Mew and mewtwo as jokers. YESNO?
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:26 am

We can keep it in an idea bank but I think we should keep thinking as for jokers. I am not opposed to it but am not ready to make that kind of commitment. xD

I say we do Pokemon.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:11 pm

Alright we'll keep thinking for jokers but Pokemon it is. I'm about to check my e-mail to see if you've sent me your free dates so I can snag one to discuss this//possibly do R&J on the same day.
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down