Malum-Malum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime North 2010

4 posters

Go down

Anime North 2010 Empty Anime North 2010

Post by Shirviu Tue May 26, 2009 6:05 pm

So I understand we have seven people now and Kiga was worried about this being too much as far as organization and profit splitting goes.

More people could mean less work for everyone, but also less profit.
It could mean the same work for everyone though, but more production.

Kiga was worried if we had a bunch of things at one table it wouldn't exactly help us make money. (I think that's what she meant.)

We were originally going by the dealers' room price and everyone committed to making at least $65 each because a table there is $500.

A table in the comic market however is only $70.
http://www.animenorth.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=141&Itemid=103

This limits us to 2D paper merchandise though.

I understand some people wanted to do this, but others would be better off with a table in the crafts corner.
There is no information on the site (that I can find) as to the price of a table there, but it's probably around the same, right?
Either way... if $500 didn't freak people out, $70 is a huge jump.
Maybe we can get two tables?

That would accommodate everyones' needs, give us 4 free AN tickets, 4 chairs, a lot more display space, and Kiga doesn't have to worry about people buying less because of a variety overload.

What do you guys think of this plan?
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Helper Points : 332

http://malum-malum.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Anime North 2010 Empty Re: Anime North 2010

Post by flyery Tue May 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Sounds good to me, certainly from the discussion we had, it seemed to me that we had a lot of 3-D crafts. But question: can you only sell original or doujinshi and not simple artwork?
flyery
flyery
Admin

Helper Points : 252

http://flyery.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Tue May 26, 2009 8:26 pm

flyery wrote:Sounds good to me, certainly from the discussion we had, it seemed to me that we had a lot of 3-D crafts. But question: can you only sell original or doujinshi and not simple artwork?

Here's all the info:
http://www.animenorth.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=141&Itemid=103

It says though that you cannot sell fanart and so many people were!
So I don't really know what's up with that rule.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flyery Tue May 26, 2009 8:34 pm

From my understanding, you simply cannot sell Disney fanart
flyery
flyery
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Tue May 26, 2009 8:56 pm

flyery wrote:From my understanding, you simply cannot sell Disney fanart

Oh.
Maybe.
I thought they were just using Disney of an example but now that I've read it over maybe they were being specific to it.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flyery Tue May 26, 2009 9:00 pm

I know that often if a specific label requests it, the group will make it forbidden to do fan work. It's the case at Fanfiction.net
flyery
flyery
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smel Tue May 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Woooh, fanfiction...

Anyway, I'm thinking we need

1. A group meeting. In person. Because all this online stuff gets annoying.

2. A name. And a joint e-mail. And a password. Which should be discussed at the meeting.

3. Clear ideas of what everyone wants to do. Discussed at the meeting.

All in all, we need to meet up and figure everything out, because online takes waaaaay too long and certain people don't really reply / even know this exists yet. I'm thinking...tomorrow at lunch?

OH. WE SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE A SCHOOL CLUB FOR THIS.
Smel
Smel
Admin

Helper Points : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by flyery Tue May 26, 2009 9:11 pm

WE SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE A SCHOOL CLUB FOR THIS.

But what if other people want to join, then we'd have even more diversity of artwork. Also, we need to decide who would be in charge of the booth.
flyery
flyery
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smel Tue May 26, 2009 9:20 pm

flyery wrote:
WE SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE A SCHOOL CLUB FOR THIS.

But what if other people want to join, then we'd have even more diversity of artwork. Also, we need to decide who would be in charge of the booth.

I still think it'd be really useful to have a set time and place where we meet somewhere we spend a lot of time....ie, school.

And who out of our school would want to join this? As it is, I think we have a lot of people participating...I don't really think having even more people join would be that wise....that's just my opinion.
Smel
Smel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flyery Tue May 26, 2009 9:24 pm

That was my point too that if we already had so many people, having even more might not be wise.
flyery
flyery
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Tue May 26, 2009 9:30 pm

I don't think Smel wants to make it a club so that we get other people join.
She wants it to be a private thing with just us 7.
We would be supplied with a budget and a room though.

I don't think we will manage to get a supervisor so I don't think we should do that. :/

We should just pick a nice meeting place by the school if we want to meet irl.

But I thought the whole point was that we didn't want to meet irl because people are busy so we made this. This way people don't have to worry about interrupting each other and all ideas are logged without us having to write ideas or repeat ourselves.

If we did meet up to talk though I wouldn't object to coming.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Banana Tue May 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Well what's the point of going through the hassle of making an official club if it isn't to get people to join?

Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Tue May 26, 2009 10:55 pm

Meetings IRL are good. That way we'll actually get stuff done =P

You all probably already know this but I'm totally against having more than 7 people. At that point our productivity rate will sorta begin to die. Us 7 is as good as it'll get I think.

For the having 2 tables thing, it'd be great if we could do that. Especially since it overrides that rule about making either crafts or artworks. But it might also be kinda good, now that I think about it, to have two tables even if that rule doesn't exist after this year. People will often say 'okay, I've bought 2 things at this booth, thats enough. I'mma move on and see what else there is.' If we have two booths then we're more likely to make a profit imo. Discuss?

Also, for the handkerchiefs, I've got all my fabric I'm willing to use for them photographed so I can show you all tomorrow.
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Helper Points : 258

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Tue May 26, 2009 11:22 pm

Okay but like I said...
I am not as skilled as you guys in sewing areas so I'd appreciate if you didn't grab up all the things I am able to make.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Wed May 27, 2009 8:30 am

Of course not. There are tons of things we each could make, so we wouldn't go out of our way to take all the stuff you could do >.>
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smel Wed May 27, 2009 6:27 pm

kigaromaru wrote:Of course not. There are tons of things we each could make, so we wouldn't go out of our way to take all the stuff you could do >.>

=____=

You've GOT to be kidding...Spillz already declared a LONG time ago she wanted to do handkerchiefs and the range of things you can make is much wider than compared to what Spillz can. You have a sewing machine. Leave the smaller things for people who don't.
Smel
Smel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Thu May 28, 2009 6:57 pm

Personally I think that unless people were REALLY good at hand-sewing, the technical parts of a handkerchief should be done by machine. Stuff done by hand should be things that machines can't do or that isn't affected by quality of stitches, such as but not limited to, plush-esque things if we decide to make them, or embroidery and trim. Especially those last two. But for a handkerchief I'm pretty sure we should have two layers of fabric, one front and back, and there's lace in between in shirv's design. IMO, if that isn't done by machine, the lace will fall or move or be kinda weird if it isn't sewn in securely.

As for all the independant, important design stuff with embroidery or adding ribbon or appliquées or anything of the sort, the kind of stuff that would make the handkerchiefs unique and styled and, well, worth buying, that could be done much more easily and prettily by hand. It's also easily where most of the work in the handkerchiefs will be. Because the only part which would be advantageous to sew by machine is just four lines. They'd be four extremely helpful lines, so if anything shirv could use that extra time to decorate another one, or do more of the many things she'll be doing.

If she still is against that then I'm alright with that. You're right, there are many other things I can do that shirv cannot. All I said in the post before the one you quoted, the one shirv responded to, was that I have fabric I'd be willing to donate to shirv's handkerchiefs which I'd photographed so that she could see. Poorly phrased maybe, but that was my bad. Sorry.
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirviu Thu May 28, 2009 9:41 pm

I didn't plan on making two layers of fabric so that's why I don't think I will need a machine.

I do have a lace border but I have sewn stuff like that by hand before..
If you want to do it on your machine then that is fine by me.. but I don't think there would be anything wrong with it being hand-stitched.
Shirviu
Shirviu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kigaromaru Thu May 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Sorry again this is just my opinion, but it'll be a lot easier and look a lot nicer with two pieces. That way you don't have to worry about fraying and hemming. And the lace border would just be done in the same stitch as attaching the two sides, it'd get done all at once. Though if you wanna hand sew everything that's cool. They're your handkerchiefs.
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down