Malum-Malum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kiga's WIP

2 posters

Go down

Kiga's WIP Empty Kiga's WIP

Post by kigaromaru Sat May 30, 2009 2:28 pm

LADIES AND GENTLEWOMEN, I GIVE TO YOU TODAY:

KIGA'S FINISHED WIP!

Alright, so for now I'll be making:

• Head bows

• Skirts

For the head bows, they'll each use approximately:

• 20x20cm of fabric: I can make at LEAST 30 bows with a meter of fabric, which will cost anywhere from 3$/m to 30$/m, depending on what I buy, but let's just say fabric cost will range from 10c to 1$ on the final product.

• 10x20cm of interfacing: For those same 30 bows I'd only have to use a half meter of interfacing, which costs around 4$/m I think, so interfacing costs would only add around 10c onto the final cost.

• 20cm of edging lace: I buy my lace from Sussnan's on Queen Street, and the kind of edging lace I'd buy goes for, with taxes and all that jazz, about 3$/m. The edging lace lace would add 60c to the final product.

• 20cm of decorative lace: Also from Sussnan's, this also goes for 3$/m-ish. I don't know if any of you have seen it but I plan on using a cute bow-shaped lace which I've already bought for my blue dress and it's a very adorable trim Smile Anyways yeah, that'll also add 60c to the final product.

• 5 inches//around 12.5cm of fake pearls. I found some really good ones at Claire's, which is surprising because whoa, it's Claire's, but they're sorta pricey; they average out to be 9$/m. The pearls will add 1,3$ to the final product cost.

• one hair clip thing/barette-y thing. I already have 6 so I'll need to buy a few more, cost unknown D: but they can't be too expensive and I need them for my hair anyways, so I think that cost will be exempt from the overall cost.

So! If we do a tally-up, 0.10 + 0.60 + 0.60 + 1.30 + 0.10-1.00 gives us: 2.70$ min and 3.60$ max for material costs.

These will range from 5$ (lowest-priced fabric) to 7$ (highest-priced fabric).

I plan on making 28 of these, though I'm not sure yet which ones will be made of which fabric. These head bows will surprisingly bring me between 64.40$ and 95.20$ profit, assuming I sell out.

SKIRT TIME!

For each skirt, they will use approximately:

• 145cm//approx 57in of 45'' fabric. The cost for that could range anywhere from 4.5$ to 30$.

• 5m of decorative lace. I'm going to use the same bow-shaped lace as in the hair bows, so 3$x5=15$.

• 45cm//approx 18in of elastic, which I already have. There will be no added cost from the elastic.

So, material cost count up? 15.00+4.50-30.00 gives us anywhere from 19.5$ to 45$. (And wow, that's a lot more expensive than I thought it would be to make a simple skirt. D: )

I'll only be making two of these, which I'll sell from anywhere between 30$ and 50$ depending on fabric costs. Though I really won't lean towards the expensive fabric for these, because I don't think anyone wants to pay 50$ for a skirt. 30$ maybe, but 50? Hellz no.

Theoretically these skirts will bring in anywhere from 10$ to 21$ profit.

And wow, doing this WIP for the skirts made me realize how inefficient they'd be to make. This will be my original plan and I will go with this unless otherwise stated, but I think I'm gonna have to re-think how to make these. Maybe I'll use a different idea or something because these use a surprising amount of lace for what the skirt is. So this skirt part of the WIP is VERY subject to CHANGE okies?

2D WIP coming soon~!

Last edited by kigaromaru on Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
kigaromaru
kigaromaru
Admin

Helper Points : 258

Back to top Go down

Kiga's WIP Empty Re: Kiga's WIP

Post by Shirviu Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:43 pm

woot
I commemorate this day
Shirviu